About ME

.

BIODATA

.

Evridiki Dakos, the author of the Course Books Sparkle Grade 1, Sparkle Grade 2 and Sparkle Grade 3 is a graduate from Marmara University and has been teaching English for 21 years at Private Zografyon Greek High School while she has been teaching young and very young learners for the last decade. She has been awarded a CELTA certificate by University of Cambridge. She is a certified Pre-school Teacher by the Turkish Ministry of Education, Montessori Teacher Assistant, freelance Teacher Trainer, ELT speaker and Workshop Leader, ELT Blogger, University of Cambridge ESOL Exam Coach and Oral Examiner for YLE and KET/PET.

.

She has been the manager and the coordinator of her own playschool, “Play n Learn Children Activity Centre”  in Cihangir, Istanbul where she has coordinated, produced and delivered numerous hands-on workshops both for parents and children. She has also been a consultant and a columnist both in the parents magazine “Arı Kovanı” and e-magazine “ e.bebek.com” on spending quality and creative time with kids and art & crafts made from recycled materials.

.

She is a firm believer of fun in class and an enthusiastic learner who believes learning is a lifelong process. She is fond of training teachers, presenting at conferences, creating and developing teaching materials especially visuals for young and very young learners. Currently she is doing the Cambridge ESOL Modular DELTA and is looking forward to working with an international publishing company to deliver workshops and  write new books for young learners.

.

I am available for conferences, webinars, plenaries, workshops and teacher training programs as well as writing teaching materials for young and very young learners. Your organization or institution can reach me at e.dakos11@ gmail.com to discuss arrangements.

Sparkle Course Books Grade 1 and 2 by Evridiki Dakos

Radio interview at  Bilgi University, Istanbul.

.

* * *

993950_10151763023605568_913509546_n

10.08.2013

1001723_10151940857535568_635967037_n

10.08.2013

09.10.2012

.

09.10.2012

09.10.2012

09.10.2012

.

12 thoughts on “About ME

1. Hi Evridiki,

I am an EFL teacher for the past 20 year..I am amazed at the work you have done…Bravo..
    Hoping to visit Istabul in December…and was wondering if you have any Events happening around that time period 2-6 december would really like to meet you…

Maria
    Crete
    Greece

• Hi Maria,

Thx for your comments and for your encouraging words.
      I haven’t received any invitations for December yet! However, if I can manage with my busy programme I may have a Christmas Workshop either at my office in Taksim or at British Side, a language school near to Taksim.

If you want to meet, we can meet in any case! Just tell me before you come! :)

Evhes apo Kostantinoupoli,
      Evridiki

• Maria,

My Father in Law is from Crete, Sitia! He is from the big Syntychakis family :)

2. Pingback: A Hands-on Art and Crafts Course For ELT Teachers – April, 2011- Istanbul,Turkey | ELT Teacher Development

3. Hi Evridiki,

Thank you for sharing so much information here. You are such a versatile and prolific teacher whom I respect a lot. However I hope you also take good care of yourself before you can take care of your students.
    Blessings

Peter

• Dear Peter,

Thank you for visiting my blog and your very friendly comment!
      Versatile and prolific are two lovely adjectives that really touch and inspire.
      You are right I should take care of myself more since I forget it sometimes. :)

I hope you will visit my blog again..

Best wishes,
      Evridiki

4. Dear Evridiki
    I’m so glad for you and your amazing achievements!
    Keep on doing your great job!
    Miss a lot those wonderful days and that exraordinary group at Teacher Trainer course!

Kisses,

Luda

• Dearest Luda,

Thanks for your encouraging words.
      I miss those lovely days, too. We had made such a perfect group of very naughty but very successful lady trainers.
      Hope we can have a reunion one day!
      I also hope to see you in Istanbul soon.

Thanks for droping by.
      xx
      Evridiki

5. Glad to meet you and learn about you and from you, dearest Evridiki! Good job! Way to go!

Looking forward to reading about more things here.

Lots of love,
    Nina

• Thank you Nina for your kind visit and your very encouraging words ever. :) XX

I hope it is going to be a blog worth to visit it :)

Love,
      Evridiki

6. Thank you Hamdi for your encouraging words.
    also for your visit to my new born poor blog! :)

7. That’s a good start Evridiki…U are really a hardworking teacher .teaching.testing.assessing..writing..blogging..and much more…I do appreciate that..
    Hamdi